ec2 instances with specific root/block device size

wisdom...@10gen.com

May 29, 2013, 7:33:26 AM5/29/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm currently trying to use goamz to start instances on ec2 with specific root device and block device sizes and mapping. While goamz has features that allow you to describe these via the BlockDeviceMapping type, I wasn't sure about how you would do this in conjunction with the RunInstances function.
I would be very grateful if you could explain how to achieve this using your driver.

Regards,

Wisdom.

Gustavo Niemeyer

May 29, 2013, 8:46:41 AM5/29/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hey Wisdom,
We need to add a BlockDeviceMapping to the ec2.RunInstances type,
which is used as the parameters of the RunInstances function.

I believe the parameters are the same, so it should be straightforward.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net