Becoming Goan. Author Michelle Mendonca Bambawale in conversation with Selma Carvalho

Carvalho

May 26, 2024, 1:38:30 AMMay 26
to Goa-Research-Net
Folks in London please do come for what promises to be a riveting event. Michelle Mendonca Bambawale, author of the book 'Becoming Goan' published by Penguin India, and I have both spent our lives in the Goan diaspora and have called several continents home. Between the two of us, we've inhabited Bangkok, Dubai, London and America, and have Goa as the bond that holds it all together. We will be discussing issues of Goan identity, how it is informed and conceptualised, the concept of outsiders vs insiders, and the challenges facing Goa today. Event to be held at Nehru Centre London, WIK IHF. Doors open at 6pm. Event starts at 6:45pm.

All best wishes,
Selma Carvalho