Coins in Rivers: Heta Pandit on Rochelle Potkar

Selma Carvalho

Jul 1, 2024, 2:37:06 PMJul 1
to The Third Thursday Goa Book Club, Goa Writers
Two powerhouse writers meet at one iconic bookshop Dogears Margao, to discuss writing and poetry. What follows are Pandit's thoughts on Potkar's poetry to delight the senses.

"Why do we call it a book release, Rochelle? In fact, isn’t it just the reverse of release? Holding, reading, and experiencing a book is an inhalation, a holding in of your breath, a waiting for a revelation. That is exactly how I felt when I began reading Coins in Rivers. I wonder why the perpetrators of all the atrocities described against women are men."

All best wishes,
Selma