News from DKA

Dalgado KonknniAkademi

Jan 20, 2022, 7:24:26 AM1/20/22
to avhindaaa, Dainik Gomantak, navhind, feat...@thegoan.net, goato...@gmail.com, vinaya...@gmail.com, prudentmediagoa, goaworldtoday, joegoauk, goa-bo...@googlegroups.com, wee...@daijiworld.com, goa...@lists.goanet.org, tarun bharat, ne...@daijiworld.com, Joe Antony, gold...@goldengoa.org, deve...@rediffmail.com, buzz.navhind, ne...@dainikherald.com, Cafe Herald, Prudent Media, Basil Sylvester Pinto, news....@thegoan.net, ne...@thegoan.net, Miranda Alister, vhe...@rediffmail.com, Guilerm Almeida, Bharati Shah, bhaang...@gmail.com, Times Of India, Times Of India
The Editor/ Desk Incharge
Kindly publish the followiing news item.
Thanking you in advance.
Vincy Quadros
President - DKA
-----

DKA to organize Poetry Recitation Programme on Patriotism

26th  January is a day of patriotic feeling and every Indian should celebrate this day because on this day we were enacted as true Indians.  Newly formed Constitution of India came into effect on 26 January 1950, replacing the Government of India Act (1935) as the governing document of India and thus, turning the nation into a newly formed republic.  This day is celebrated as the transition of India from an autonomous Commonwealth realm with British Monarch as nominal head of the Indian Dominion, to a fully sovereign republic. President of India became the head of the Indian Union, thereby paving a way for the government of the people, by the people and for the people.

To mark this day with pomp, Dalgado Konknni Akademi (DKA) will organize a Konkani Poetry recitation  programme on patriotism. Keeping in mind, Covid 19 restrictions and election code, the programme will be held on 25th January 2022 at DKA’s Reginald Fernandes Conference Hall, Old Education Dept. Bldg, 2nd Floor, Near Pharmacy College, Panaji from 10 am to 12 noon.  The poets will recite their poems in Konkani and vacate the programme hall.

Those interested may register their names at DKA’s office 0832 2221866 or 9822587498 (Vincy Quadros) till 24th January, 12 noon. All the participants will be given ‘Participation Certificates’. College students are most welcome.  The entire programme can be reached through DKA’s Youtube channel soon.

--

Vincy Quadros

Odheokx

Dalgado Konknni Akademi

91 9822587498 (m) ; (0832) 2221688

Constitution.jpg

Dalgado KonknniAkademi

Jan 27, 2022, 8:38:36 AM1/27/22
to Dainik Gomantak, navhind, feat...@thegoan.net, goato...@gmail.com, vinaya...@gmail.com, prudentmediagoa, goaworldtoday, joegoauk, goa-bo...@googlegroups.com, wee...@daijiworld.com, goa...@lists.goanet.org, tarun bharat, ne...@daijiworld.com, Joe Antony, gold...@goldengoa.org, deve...@rediffmail.com, buzz.navhind, ne...@dainikherald.com, Cafe Herald, Prudent Media, Basil Sylvester Pinto, news....@thegoan.net, ne...@thegoan.net, Miranda Alister, vhe...@rediffmail.com, Guilerm Almeida, Bharati Shah, bhaang...@gmail.com, Times Of India, Times Of India, The Navhind Times, Vincy Quadros

Ref. No. 189/DKA/2021-2022                                   27th Jan. 2022

To,

The Editor,

Dalgado Konknni Akademi had organized ‘Desbhokti Kovita Utsov’ (Patriotic Poetry Programme) on 26th Jan 2022. Kindly publish attached press note.  Photo of the function is also attached.

Thanking you in anticipation

Sd/-

Vincy Quadros

President – DKA

---

Let us determine to live as per our Constitution : Vincy Quadros

Ponnje : Let us determine to live as per our Constitution, not by blaming others but enlightening our minds, using our authority, by truth and by respecting our pride, said Vincy Quadros, President of Dalgado Konknni Akademi while speaking as the host of  Desbhokti Kovita Utsov (Patriotic Poetry Recitation Programme) on the occasion of 73rdRepublic Day organized at DKA’s Reginald Fernandes Conference Hall, Panaji on 26th January.  The dais was shared by  Secretary of DKA,  William Fernandes and Treasurer Celso Fernandes.

Vincy further said that on 26th Nov. 1949, that India adopted the newly drafted Contitution by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar to the Independent India eliminating the ‘Government of India Act 1935’ and making the Constitution of India effective from 26 January 1950. We got Dr. Rajendra Prasad, as the first Head of the Country.  Let us not think what our country gave to us, but let us think what we can give to our country. The idea of ‘Purnn Swaraj’ adopted in 1930 by Indian National Congress was enacted in 1950 for justice, freedom, equality and brotherhood. We all pledge for the love and pride of our country, Vincy concluded.

To mark the occasion, DKA had organized this patriotic Poetry recitation programme and the following poets took part in the same - Annie Arcanja Ferandes, Ana Tereza Ferreira Rodrigues, Blazel Pinto, Pio Esteves, William Fernandes, Michelle Coutinho, Dr. Glenis Mendonca, Amazel Pinto, Mathew De Souza, Vincy Quadros, Narayan Khorjuvenkar and Vishal Khandeparkar.

Resricting to Covid 19 pendamic rules, 73rd Republic Day was celebrated with pomp.  DKA Secretary William Fernandes welcome while Treasurer proposed the Vote of thanks. This programme can be viewed on DKA Youtube Channel under the title ‘Republic Day Celebration 2022 with the following link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQdWPYXk1xg&t=9s.

Photograph attached.

DKA PRess note.docx
Gonntontr Dis 2022.png

Dalgado KonknniAkademi

Feb 2, 2022, 4:24:46 PM2/2/22
to Dainik Gomantak, navhind, feat...@thegoan.net, goato...@gmail.com, vinaya...@gmail.com, prudentmediagoa, goaworldtoday, joegoauk, goa-bo...@googlegroups.com, wee...@daijiworld.com, goa...@lists.goanet.org, tarun bharat, ne...@daijiworld.com, Joe Antony, gold...@goldengoa.org, deve...@rediffmail.com, buzz.navhind, ne...@dainikherald.com, Cafe Herald, Prudent Media, Basil Sylvester Pinto, news....@thegoan.net, ne...@thegoan.net, Miranda Alister, vhe...@rediffmail.com, Guilerm Almeida, Bharati Shah, bhaang...@gmail.com, Times Of India, Times Of India, The Navhind Times

Ref. No. 197/DKA/2021-2022                                                                 2nd Feb. 2022

To,

The Editor,

Dalgado Konknni Akademi had observed ‘Konkani Journalism Day’ on 2nd Feb. 2022.  Kindly publish attached press note.  Photo of the function is also attached.

Thanking you in anticipation

Sd/-

Vincy Quadros

President – DKA

---

Citizen’s Journalism can be the voice of the voiceless : Joaquim Fernandes

All Konkani Day’s should be observed by the government : Vincy Quadros

Panaji : New subject called ‘Citizen’s Journalism’ launched some 20 years back has started gaining popularity and it can be the voice of the voiceless and most people should involve in this type of journalism, said Senior Journalist Joaquim Fernandes while speaking as the key note speaker for the function organized on the occasion of Konkani Journalism Day on 2nd February, at DKA’s Reginald Fernandes Conference Hall, Panaji. DKA President Vincy Quadros and Treasurer Celso Fernades were also present on the daiz.

Joaquim further said that journalism is the tool of giving news to the public.  In the said Citizen’s Journalism, the people write about their problems they see.  Reporters from the city has no time to look into the matters of interior parts of villages, hence Citizen’s journalism helps in focusing on the local challenging news. In this type of journalism, there is also a risk of getting fake news which needs to be scrutinized and truth highlighted, Joaquim lamented.

While speaking as the host of the programme, Vincy Quadros made an appeal to the Governent to observe all Konkani Days, and prove that Goa is a Konkani state.  He also briefed in short about the Konkani Journalism remembering ‘Udentichem Sallok’ the first Konkani periodical published by Eduardo Bruno de Souza in the year 1889.

The function organized following Covid-19 pandemic can be viewed on DKA's Youtube Channel.  Celso Fernandes proposed vote of thanks.
---

Photo of the function attached.

Konkani Journalism Day.JPG
DKA PRess note.docx