Switch to dep

Henrik Johansson

May 24, 2017, 3:11:51 AM5/24/17
to go-package...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just thought I would let everyone know that we just switched one of our newer projects to using dep. Previously it used https://github.com/FiloSottile/gvt and we have been very happy with its simplicity and performance but in order to support the shared effort of this group switching a real project seems like a good idea even if it is just a small piece.

The initial switch was very easy since the project uses mostly very stable dependencies of high quality.

Keep up the good work!

/ Henrik

Peter Bourgon

May 24, 2017, 3:39:49 AM5/24/17
to Henrik Johansson, go-package...@googlegroups.com
Yay, good news! Thanks a bunch!

Pierre Durand

May 24, 2017, 7:54:03 AM5/24/17
to Go Package Management, dahan...@gmail.com, pe...@bourgon.org
I've switched all (11) Go projects in my company from godep to golang/dep.
It works fine.

Only missing feature: `dep prune` should also remove test file.
(I don't need them)

Le mercredi 24 mai 2017 09:39:49 UTC+2, Peter Bourgon a écrit :
Yay, good news! Thanks a bunch!