Using dep tool behind proxy with mix of internal/external deps

Justin Israel

Sep 15, 2017, 5:13:35 PM9/15/17
to go-package...@googlegroups.com
I've asked this on a relevant dep tool github issue, as well as golang-nuts, but I haven't heard a reply and wanted to see if anyone here has some insight. Currently I am not able to use the dep tool at work...

I've just started trying out dep in an internal project that is currently using glide. Similar to glide, I really can't use the "init" command. It causes issues between the internal gitlab server deps and the external deps in combination with auth/proxies/etc. For instance, if set my shell up to use the proxy, I can talk to the external endpoints but not the internal, and if I disable the proxy I can talk to my internal gitlab but not the external endpoints. So I accepted that and just wrote an equivalent Gopkg.toml for dep, manually. But now I am finding that, unlike "glide up", the "ensure" command wants to hit the "?go-get=1" http endpoints for the internal gitlab projects, even though I have specified the "source" for all of these. Why is that? I was hoping to answer that question for the tool, but now I seem to be stuck between getting it to work for the external deps vs the internal deps, but never the both at once.

Is there a way to specify enough information for the internal dependencies that can get this working? Is anyone using the dep tool in a similar situation for internal projects?

Justin

Seth Hoenig

May 15, 2018, 5:21:15 PM5/15/18
to Go Package Management
The disappointing answer I got in issue 1401 is basically manually setting source in every Gopkg.toml dependency (!), and setting your git config to force ssh with
[url "g...@github.com:"]
  insteadOf = https://github.com/
(I never got this to work, btw)

We decided not to use dep, and just wait for vgo with its native proxy support.

cybe...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2018, 12:10:27 PM8/21/18
to Go Package Management
Same issue !