Re: [go-cd] Checkout sources into the root agent folder

Chad Wilson

Mar 25, 2023, 11:13:10 AM3/25/23
to go...@googlegroups.com
No, it's not possible to change this location on agents.

Re-using a working space like this sounds like a bad idea to me, and even if you can work around this with symlinks it still sounds like a bad idea and the wrong solution to the problem.

It doesn't solve all the problems, but are your materials configured to use shallow clones - does that help?

-Chad

On Sat, Mar 25, 2023 at 9:30 PM 'Alexey Savchkov' via go-cd <go...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I have a large (a few GB) Git repository which is used in N pipelines. This results in the repository being checked out N times for each pipeline which in turn occupies a lot of disk space on the agent. Therefore I would like to reuse the repository between pipelines. Is there a way to specify an SCM destination path starting from the root agent folder (/var/lib/go-agent) rather than /var/lib/go-agent/<pipeline name>? Specifying destination = '..' in the material properties is intentionally prohibited and doesn;t pass the validation check.
Currently I'm thinking of using symlinks but having an option to set this in GoCD in the first place would be much cleaner and reliable.

Many thanks.