Pipeline failing in Go Server

Sushma Gangaiah

Jun 21, 2021, 6:32:14 AM6/21/21
to go-cd
All,

Hope you are doing fine.

This is very strange scenario,
We have around 8 agents with same configuration. We use pipeline as a code to run pipeline from Go Server and all of our builds were running successfully. But since few days only in 2 agents builds are failing whereas to debug when we run the same command in agent using command line or tools it is successful.
Also when the same job is redirected to another resource(agent) its being success.
Worried what I may be missing? and what may be the cause, which is causing only failure from pipeline and not in local(agent where pipeline builds job)
Go version -19.9.0.

Please advice.

Regards,
Sushma

Jason Smyth

Jun 21, 2021, 12:26:32 PM6/21/21
to go-cd
Hello Sushma,

What errors are you seeing on the Agents? Is the error the same every time? Are both Agents failing with the same error or are the errors different? Are all Pipelines failing on these 2 Agents or just some of them?

We are not likely to be able to help without more details around the specifics of your scenario and the issues that you are facing.

Regards,
Jason

Sushma Gangaiah

Jun 21, 2021, 12:35:19 PM6/21/21
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

1. Error on go-server is regarding ,not able to archive the application.(but in agent manually and through command line  I can build the app)

2.yes, we are trying to build android and iOS app, one of the agent is not able to build android and the other iOS.

3.Yes,All the pipelines on this agents are getting failed with same error.

Regards,
Sushma

Jason Smyth

Jun 21, 2021, 12:43:45 PM6/21/21
to go-cd

Hi Sushma,

I think we may need the actual error message if we are going to be able to help.

The situation you describe suggests that there is something specific to the configuration of these 2 Agents that is causing an issue but without the specific error it will be very difficult to determine the cause.

Regards,
Jason

Sushma Gangaiah

Jun 21, 2021, 1:17:19 PM6/21/21
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

The builds in these agents were successful til these days and there is no script change done, all of a sudden builds started failing. As I have mentioned earlier error is regarding not able to archive the application ( know the solution to fix) whereas I am able to build the app locally in agent(not able to reproduce the error in agent) but only when run through go server the pipeline is failing, which is strange.

Regards,
Sushma

Ashwanth Kumar

Jun 21, 2021, 1:45:24 PM6/21/21
to go...@googlegroups.com
This is a long shot, but can you ssh into the failing agent machine, kill the go-agent process and restart it? After that try assigning the failing job to that agent and see if it works.