GO CD - Agents not getting assigned

nitesh...@gmail.com

May 17, 2021, 2:51:13 PM5/17/21
to go-cd
Hi team ,

i am not getting agent assigned to my pipes , further i have investigated and can see my GO server have 26 GBs of space left  and go server logs log has got 2 GBs of space. when i try to open the log file on go server it is poping up with Disk is full and can't open the file.

is that can be a issue impacting my go pipes and so the agents ?

Regards, Nitesh

Ashwanth Kumar

May 17, 2021, 9:36:11 PM5/17/21
to go...@googlegroups.com
If you're on linux, sometimes some process could have deleted the files but still have them open. That could be the reason for the difference in free disk space that you see, via a process and `df / du` commands. This answer on Unix StackExchange might help you to figure out which process is holding them and restarting that process should free up the disk space.

To answer your other question, if there is no disk space GoCD can't update the assignment information to it's Database (I'm assuming you're using the local H2 database still) which might sometimes cause the agents to not get assigned.

Restarting the go-server might be the first step to see if that fixes the issue, followed by the analysis of which process is holding up a lot of open files. Good luck debugging the issue.

Thanks,

Ashwanth Kumar / ashwanthkumar.in

nitesh...@gmail.com

May 18, 2021, 4:15:12 AM5/18/21
to go-cd
Thanks Ashwant,

it will be any issue if we restart services of GO server ?

Ashwanth Kumar

May 18, 2021, 4:20:13 AM5/18/21
to go...@googlegroups.com
go-server is usually a single process. Given the agents are anyways not picking up the jobs, I don't see a problem with restarting. As long as they have the same address when it comes back up, the agents would be able to communicate back to the server.

PS: As always, please take a backup before doing anything.

Thanks,

nitesh...@gmail.com

May 18, 2021, 4:51:05 AM5/18/21
to go-cd
Thanks Ashwant, i have restarted Go SERVER services and issue has been fixed.