Re: [go-cd] Hibernate issue with gocd

Aravind SV

Jun 9, 2021, 11:36:03 AM6/9/21
to Samhitha Rachakonda, go-cd

Are you sure you’re on 19.7.0? From the release notes, 20.5.0 introduced support for Postgres. There used to be a paid add-on previously, but it only supported version 9.6 of Postgres, if I remember correctly.

From: Samhitha Rachakonda
Subject: [go-cd] Hibernate issue with gocd
To: go-cd
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 02:43:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

Our team is facing the following issue whenever we triggered a pipeline which has the code from bitbucket either created from a new repo or a new branch.

gocd version - 19.7.0
postgress version - 10.15 (recently migrated from 9.6 to 10.15)

what are we doing to get this error - triggering the pipeline
actual result - it should start running the pipeline
expected result - it is throwing the following error.
  • Modification check failed for material: URL: ssh://.../test-repo-gocd.git, Branch: master Affected pipelines are test-gocd.09 Jun, 2021 at 15:05:29 Local Time

    Hibernate operation: could not retrieve generated id after insert: [com.thoughtworks.go.domain.materials.git.GitMaterialInstance]; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [insert into materials (flyweightName, fingerprint, additionalData, url, username, branch, submoduleFolder, type) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, 'GitMaterial')]; SQL state [55000]; error code [0]; ERROR: currval of sequence "materials_id_seq" is not yet defined in this session; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: currval of sequence "materials_id_seq" is not yet defined in this session

Any thoughts?

Samhitha Rachakonda

Jun 10, 2021, 11:19:20 AM6/10/21
to go-cd
Hi Aravind,

Yes, we are using gocd version 19.7.0. We didn't know that go-postgresql addon only supports till postgress 9.6. Since the postgress 9.6 end of life is reaching this year November, we upgraded the postgress version to 10.15. Will try downgrading the postgress version and see how it goes.

Thank you.