GoCD API Logging

deva raj

Jul 29, 2024, 12:04:52 PMJul 29
to go-cd
Hi All,

GoCD API hits URL logs are not getting recorded in go-server.log,

Can someone help with how to capture API hits in go-server.log

Chad Wilson

Jul 29, 2024, 8:53:10 PMJul 29
to go...@googlegroups.com
Try enabling the jetty RequestLog from https://docs.gocd.org/current/advanced_usage/logging.html

Alternatively, log from your reverse proxy rather than GoCD itself. However you are referring to port 8154 which makes me worried you are using a very old and unsupported GoCD version, as GoCD hasn't listened on that port for years now.

-Chad

deva raj

Jul 31, 2024, 12:08:58 AMJul 31
to go-cd
Thank you for sharing the above link. I am trying to capture the API hit in the logs but still unsuccessful.

Do you have any sample files for the same?

Yeah, the link was copied from the API link on the Introduction page. https://api.gocd.org/current/#introduction . \

We are only running the application on port 8153.

Chad Wilson

Jul 31, 2024, 2:20:13 AMJul 31
to go...@googlegroups.com
The link has examples, but a logback-include in the config directory as documented like the below should do it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<included>
<logger name="org.eclipse.jetty.server.RequestLog" level="INFO" />
</included>

The details of where to put it depend on how you are installing and running GoCD but you haven't shared any of those details or exactly what you have tried that does not work.