Git material are caching username or password

Kleber Rocha

Oct 16, 2019, 2:10:53 PM10/16/19
to go-cd
I have a problem with material, when I configure a material using Git, everything is fine, but if I need change the user, the material doesn't work, only I revert to old user the material can clone.

Someone has faced this issue?

Thank you

Kleber Rocha

Oct 16, 2019, 2:18:44 PM10/16/19
to go-cd
I forgot about the infos:

Gocd 19.9.0

Here is the output from agent

[go] Start updating files at revision e63218abcc36671bcb1a0af3467bae12ec10b0f9 from https://bitbucket.org/XXXXXXX.git
STDERR: Cloning into '/go/pipelines/XXXXX'...
STDERR: remote: Invalid username or password
STDERR: fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/XXXXXX/'
Failed to run git clone command

Aravind SV

Oct 22, 2019, 6:35:08 AM10/22/19
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

GoCD doesn't cache any credentials for git materials. What usually caches credentials is git's credential helper. More documentation is available here:
https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Tools-Credential-Storage

This depends on the operating system and the configured helper. I'd start looking there.

Cheers,
Aravind

Kleber Rocha

Oct 28, 2019, 5:59:43 PM10/28/19
to go-cd
Hello Aravind,

I forgot to inform that I'm only using elastic agent on kubernetes, in this way, I think that credential cannot store in the images.

Cheers,
Kleber

Aravind SV

Oct 29, 2019, 5:19:43 AM10/29/19
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kleber,

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 14:59:43 -0700, Kleber Rocha wrote:
> I forgot to inform that I'm only using elastic agent on kubernetes, in this
> way, I think that credential cannot store in the images.

If that's the case, where are you changing the user? You mentioned you need to change it, but the URL seems to be: https://bitbucket.org/XXXXXXX.git and not https://us...@bitbucket.org/XXXXXXX.git or something of that sort.

Cheers,
Aravind