Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Tim Stevens

no leída,
31 jul 2022, 11:57:2831/7/22
a go-cd
Hello, I would like to setup a test server with GoCD installed, but using a copy of the production database.  Anybody know if there is a way to export the data from the production database and import it into the test database?

Thanks in advance!

Ashwanth Kumar

no leída,
31 jul 2022, 12:16:1131/7/22
a go...@googlegroups.com

On Sun, 31 Jul 2022 at 21:27, Tim Stevens <timi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, I would like to setup a test server with GoCD installed, but using a copy of the production database.  Anybody know if there is a way to export the data from the production database and import it into the test database?

Thanks in advance!

Ashwanth Kumar / ashwanthkumar.in

Tim Stevens

no leída,
31 jul 2022, 12:28:0131/7/22
a go-cd

Thanks for the answer Ashwanth.  I am wondering if there are any settings in the production database that I would have to change in the restored version of the database on the test server, seeing that it will be on a separate server from the production GoCD server.  I wouldn't want any production data touched on the test server, if that's possible?

Thanks in advance!

Jason Smyth

no leída,
1 ago 2022, 10:06:021/8/22
a go-cd
Hi there,

If your GoCD setup only uses static agents then restoring the production instance to a test server should be perfectly safe. Since it is the agents that do the work and the agents will not be connected to the test GoCD instance, there would be no workers available to do anything that might interact with your production systems. Once the test system is online you should make any necessary changes to the configuration to ensure that if a pipeline _does_ run from the test instance then it will not interact with your production environment(s). Then you can bring one or more test agents online and connect them to the test server.

If you are using elastic agents, things might be more complicated. I have not experimented with elastic agents yet, but I believe that the way they work is that the GoCD server will call out to whichever orchestrator to request an agent be brought online whenever a job needs to run. If that is the case, you will need to ensure that the test GoCD server is unable to talk to the elastic agent controller that the production server uses.

With that said, I am curious about your use case. What is it that you want to test in GoCD that you believe requires using a copy of the production GoCD database?

Regards,
Jason Smyth
Responder a todos
Responder al autor