Personal Access Token for API

Komgrit Aneksri

Feb 6, 2023, 3:39:54 AM2/6/23
to go-cd
Hi,

I use GoCD on Kubernetes and Gitlab Oauth integration successfully.

All jobs, pipelines and all feature are work fine as well.

Now I have solution for trigger pipeline from API as in https://api.gocd.org/current/#scheduling-pipelines guide.

I am facing issue can't create personal access token in GoCD. because "Creation of access token is not supported by the plugin cd.go.authorization.gitlab" message appears and Generate Token button disable in access token page.

So I have a question.
How can we use username/password or Access token with Authorization header?

or can you suggest the solution for this situation.

Best Regards,
Komgrit

Chad Wilson

Feb 6, 2023, 4:08:58 AM2/6/23
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hiya Komgrit

I believe the Gitlab plugin is supposed to support use of GoCD personal access tokens (at least there is code that handles it) .... or was at some point with some particular Gitlab version.

Perhaps take a look at the plugin and server logs and see what specific error is being logged when you load that page? It does a check with the plugin to make sure it supports it. Otherwise, worth checking if there is something missing from https://github.com/gocd-contrib/gitlab-oauth-authorization-plugin/blob/master/INSTALL.md

If there is an issue, please report it at https://github.com/gocd-contrib/gitlab-oauth-authorization-plugin/issues alongside details of your installation, Gitlab version etc.

If it's not possible to get it working via the Gitlab plugin for gitlab users, you'd need to enable an additional authentication/authorization configuration (e.g using the bundled passwordfile plugin, create some kind of user for use by your automation, and either use the username/password with that user via the GoCD API or generate a personal access token tied to that user).

But probably better to figure out why the Gitlab plugin isn't working first, as I imagine you'd rather not add an additional identity source if you can avoid it.

-Chad

Komgrit Aneksri

Feb 6, 2023, 10:37:51 PM2/6/23
to go-cd
Hi,

I checked the Gitlab plugin configuration. I configured as same as sample guide.

I use GoCD version 22.1.0 (installed by Helm) and Gitlab plugin version 2.0.1-28 and upgraded to 2.1.0-145.

I will try more and if problem has still appears then I will open the issue.

Now I have workaround solution by use File user's Personal Access Token from Password File Authentication Plugin instead.

Best Regards,
Komgrit