Actual compute resources for high load

HUSSEIN KADIRI

May 18, 2021, 11:42:42 AM5/18/21
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've set up a POC for GoCD to get a feel of it. I would like to know how much compute resource (cpu, men, disk) is used/needed.
I've read the doc https://docs.gocd.org/current/installation/performance_tuning.html on GoCD performance. However, I'll also like to know what folks have in an actual setup.

What's your cpu, memory, disk utilization for your setup and how many pipelines, agents and concurrent users do you have?

Thanks

Ashwanth Kumar

May 18, 2021, 12:03:41 PM5/18/21
to go...@googlegroups.com
We use multiple GoCD instances, but one of our largest CI/CD setup uses a c5.4xlarge instance on AWS. It has 32GB RAM, 16 Core CPU, 2x200GB SSD disks attached. I should also add, we run close to 10 agents on the same machine apart from the go-server process. It still uses H2 as the backend. It holds ~600 pipelines, out of which we've more than 50% of them run daily multiple times.

For this kind of setup, we run go-server with 4G Heap Size (Xmx) and it just works.

Thanks,

Ashwanth Kumar / ashwanthkumar.in