Package Repositories webhook for maven-repo.

Matt Shiken

Jan 26, 2023, 6:46:13 AM1/26/23
to go-cd
Hello,
I dont know if it should be working but I'd like to configure webhooks on our Nexus/Maven Repositories.
I'm using the :
GoCD Maven Material Poller Plugin
  • Version2.0.2
On each Packages I can configure :
"Fetch update to this package only on webhook or manual trigger"

But not sure if there's any possibility to notify for change on this kind of materials.

Thanks for your anwsers

Pierre-Jo

Chad Wilson

Jan 26, 2023, 11:23:36 AM1/26/23
to go...@googlegroups.com
I don't believe there is webhook support for any package repository plugins. The language is generic on the UI independent of material type, which is why it mentions webhooks.

I'm not really sure how such a webhook would be technically possible for package repositories, given the variation of types and lack of standardised API to do so - I guess it'd have to be Nexus specific, and GoCD itself is agnostic to package type and repository manager, so there'd have to be a way for a plugin to offer a webhook API somehow to implement Nexus/Artifactory/whatever specifics.

-Chad

Matt Shiken

Jan 27, 2023, 8:13:53 AM1/27/23
to go-cd
Hi Chad,
Thanks for the quick response !
As I thought it should be done via a plugin that for sure doesn't exist yet :P