GOCD Agent source code

Tom Parker

Mar 3, 2020, 3:35:02 PM3/3/20
to go-cd-dev
Hello,

I would like to submit some patches to the go-agent package to make multi-agent systems easier to create and manage.

I cannot find the source for the shell scripts and the wrapper.properties file in the gocd github repo.

Is there a location where this is patchable?

Tom

Aravind SV

Mar 3, 2020, 4:23:29 PM3/3/20
to go-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tom,

You can find the wrapper.properties at:
https://github.com/gocd/gocd/tree/master/installers/include

Most other installer related code will be at:
https://github.com/gocd/gocd/tree/master/installers

The gradle scripts there generate the installers.

Some shell scripts are generated by / belong to the Tanuki Java wrapper. So, it might not be recommended to change them:
https://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/product-overview.html

Please note that there was a recent change made to the wrapper here (for GoCD 20.2.0):
https://github.com/gocd/gocd/pull/7736

Cheers,
Aravind

Ketan Padegaonkar

Mar 3, 2020, 10:15:54 PM3/3/20
to go-c...@googlegroups.com
The shell script and config is actually provided by tanuki. We simply tweak/configure them a bit as part of our build process.

If you have changes, you might be able to submit a change request to tanuki, or if these changes are very specific to gocd, we can incorporate it at our end. Head over to https://github.com/gocd/gocd/issues to log an issue.

- Ketan