Crowd Supply PC2

Mike M

Jul 11, 2021, 1:46:18 AM7/11/21
to GnuBee
I just (last week!) purchased a GnuBee PC2 from CrowdSupply.
It arrived today with PC1 firmware, and wouldn't get a DHCP address when told to be a dhcp client.

I gave up on troubleshooting that and went to flash it with OpenWRT, which failed because the image checks decided I shouldn't flash PC2 firmware on what was, to it,  a PC1.
(This despite the four 3.5" disks sticking out of it, but how is it supposed to know that, eh?).

`sysupgrade -n -F` forced the overwrite and got me out of that jam and it seems to be doing well, just figured to mention this somewhere in case others run into it.

Mike