Mailing list moderation?

scottjl

Nov 30, 2023, 9:16:06 AM11/30/23
to GnuBee
Are there any moderators left on this mailing list? Seems to be a big target for spammers lately, I'm receiving junk daily from this list.

I'd be happy to help moderate if we need active people, I'm sure no one wants to get the junk.

Neil Brown

Nov 30, 2023, 3:41:53 PM11/30/23
to GnuBee
I've been reporting the messages as SPAM, but they've already gone out via email by then.
Maybe I should find a setting to pre-moderate everything?

NeilBrown

scottjl

Nov 30, 2023, 4:00:08 PM11/30/23
to GnuBee
Until it all dies down I'd say yes. This list was fairly quiet for months and the last week or two I've been getting a batch of spam every day though it. I guess someone discovered it. :(

Neil Brown

Dec 3, 2023, 4:44:51 PM12/3/23
to GnuBee
I thought I had enabled moderation of posts from non-members - but it didn't take.
I got the the setting panel and select that option, but what I "save" it reverts to "no moderation"
Weird.
I tried setting to "moderate all message" and that worked.  So I'm leaving it there.  There is so little real traffic I doubt anyone will notice.  I'll aim to approve genuine messages within a day or so.
If it ever seems not to be working I might take you up on the offer to help moderate - but that would require figuring out exactly how to do it .... so its for another day :-)
NeilBrown