upgrade to OpenWRT 21.02

Fabio Tablet

Sep 17, 2021, 5:34:14 AM9/17/21
to GnuBee
Hi,

I have a GnuBee PC1 that is currently running OpenWRT 19.07, and I want to upgrade it, but when I try to flash the new sysupgrade image, I get the warning below, and I am not sure it is safe to force the upgrade.
Any advice?
Thanks,
 Fabio

Fabio Tablet

Sep 17, 2021, 5:55:18 AM9/17/21
to GnuBee
it seems that the image has not been posted,
the image that I have uploaded is openwrt-21.02.0-ramips-mt7621-gnubee_gb-pc1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
and this is the text of the warning:

Device gnubee,gb-pc1 not supported by this image Supported devices: gnubee,gb-pc1 - Image version mismatch: image 1.1, device 1.0. Please wipe config during upgrade (force required) or reinstall. Reason: Config cannot be migrated from swconfig to DSA Image check failed.

The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform.

Henry Gebhardt

Sep 17, 2021, 12:38:32 PM9/17/21
to Fabio Tablet, GnuBee
On Fri, 2021-09-17 at 02:55 -0700, Fabio Tablet wrote:
> Please wipe config during upgrade (force required) or reinstall.
> Reason: Config cannot be migrated from swconfig to DSA

I think this is the key: You cannot keep your old configuration because
some options have changed enough that automatic migration to the new
configuration system is not working.

> The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make
> sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform.

Admittedly, this part of the error message is probably not very useful
and adds confusion.

I'm curious how your upgrade will go. Let us know!

Best,
Henry

Fabio Tablet

Sep 18, 2021, 9:58:28 AM9/18/21
to GnuBee
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 6:38:32 PM UTC+2 hsgge...@gmail.com wrote:
On Fri, 2021-09-17 at 02:55 -0700, Fabio Tablet wrote:
> Please wipe config during upgrade (force required) or reinstall.
> Reason: Config cannot be migrated from swconfig to DSA

I think this is the key: You cannot keep your old configuration because
some options have changed enough that automatic migration to the new
configuration system is not working.

Indeed, a forced upgrade is required for the GnuBee, as documented here