Gnu Public License (GPL) for a registed trademark? ... second try

dale

Jan 12, 2020, 4:18:25 PM1/12/20
H again, wrong spelling in a group name ...

Can I use the Gnu Public License (GPL) for a registed trademark?

Procedure?

--
Dale - https://www.dalekelly.org/

Barry Margolin

Jan 13, 2020, 1:27:34 AM1/13/20
In article <333n1fd8vv4h2ag8f...@4ax.com>,
dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:

> H again, wrong spelling in a group name ...
>
> Can I use the Gnu Public License (GPL) for a registed trademark?
>
> Procedure?

I don't see how it would apply. The GPL is a license for copying code,
it's enforced using copyright laws. Trademarks are completely different.

--
Barry Margolin, bar...@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

dale

Jan 13, 2020, 3:59:34 PM1/13/20
On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 01:27:31 -0500, Barry Margolin
<bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>In article <333n1fd8vv4h2ag8f...@4ax.com>,
> dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:
>
>> H again, wrong spelling in a group name ...
>>
>> Can I use the Gnu Public License (GPL) for a registed trademark?
>>
>> Procedure?
>
>I don't see how it would apply. The GPL is a license for copying code,
>it's enforced using copyright laws. Trademarks are completely different.

found this ...

https://legaltemplates.net/form/trademark-assignment-agreement/

... might use it