GCC 4.9.2 came without a makefile

edgar...@lmco.com

May 5, 2017, 3:58:29 PM5/5/17
I downloaded all the code for GCC 4.9.2

I get to the part where is says type make ....... enter

There is no make file.

Is there a configuration step that is not detailed that creates a makefile??

Thank You

E.

edgar...@lmco.com

May 5, 2017, 4:04:03 PM5/5/17
Additional info. I am on a new Dell OptiPlex 5040 running RHEL 6.7 Workstation
The OS came with an RPM for GCC 4.4.7 which I installed. When trying to install QT creator there were many libraries it could not find "needed by GLIBCXX_3.4.15"
This version 4.4.7 has up to GLIBCXX3.4.13 so I'm attempting to install a later version of GCC

edgar...@lmco.com

May 5, 2017, 4:17:44 PM5/5/17
I had previously executed the configure script and it failed with the error
Building GCC requires BMP 4.2+ MPFR 2.4.0+ and MPC 0.8.0.

Victor Porton

Jul 9, 2017, 6:14:57 AM7/9/17
Run ./configure script to create Makefile.

If this script does not exist, create it with the following Bash command:

automake && autoconf

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org