sockets

Mark McKinney

Oct 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/11/00
I am not seeing any reference in the stdlib to sockets. Is it there and
I am just missing it? or do I have to include one of the socket class
extensions from outside the stdlib?
Thanks
Mark

Dan Nguyen

Oct 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/11/00
Mark McKinney <ir...@gate.net> writes:

In fact standard C and C++ have no concepts of sockets. Like with
most things in UNIX, "UNIX sockets", actually BSD sockets, are a C
only API. So write a wrapper class.

Eventually after a few system calls, you will get a socket descriptor.
Which is the same thing as a file descriptor that fstream can than
use.

--
Dan Nguyen | It is with true love as it is with ghosts;
nguy...@msu.edu | everyone talks of it, but few have seen it.