gcc compiler does not redognize 'conio.h'

Gilles Lamoureux

Sep 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/14/00
The gcc compiler I have with Linux RH 6.0 doesn't recognize conio.h, keeping
me from
compiling some study programs I am covering.

Any suggestions on what may be the problem. Th compiler is version egcs
2.91.66.

gilles56

Arthur H. Gold

Sep 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/14/00
"conio.h" is a DOS header for console apps.
It doesn't exist in Linux.
Similar capabilities are provided by ncurses; `man ncurses'
for more details.

HTH,
--ag
--
Artie Gold, Austin, TX (finger the cs.utexas.edu account
for more info)

god_o...@my-deja.com

Sep 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/18/00
Go to http://freshmeat.net
and search for uconio. It is Unix conio compatible conio.
It may not be 100% compatable but may let you compile your homework.

In article <4Ufw5.589$kc6....@news1.mts.net>,

--
Micro$haft Windoze, for when security,
reliability and money are of no concern!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Chaudhary

Sep 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/24/00
Hello:
conio.h is a Borland-specific library. It is not a part of the ANSI/ISO C++
Standard, which is implemented by the GNU Compiler Collection. But, you can
get a Unix version of the library separately, by searching www.freshmeat.net
for uconio.

--
Asad Chaudhary
achau...@yahoo.com

M.A.s.

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
sdfsdf
<god_o...@my-deja.com> escribió en el mensaje de noticias
8q5q5j$62i$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

Joe Durusau

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
More inportantly, conio.h is a Microsoft kludge
and you should not use it if you are trying to compile
for unix or unix-like systems.

Speaking only for myself,

Joe Durusau