g++ and xerces XML

Risto Toivola

Oct 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/13/00

I tried to port a STL based program using Xerces XML library into HP-UX
11 using g++ 2.95.2. The code was originally written on MSVC 6.0. I've
actually ported a whole bunch of programs, but nothing containing the
Xerces library so far. My code compiled, but linker could not locate any
of the Xerces stuff ("unsatisfied symbols..."). The linker found the
library, so I assumed there could be a problem with name mangling.
Xerces library is build using aCC and I guess there is no standard in
the name mangling. I'm able to link Oracle and Tuxedo libraries in my
app, but they are C libraries and the Xerces stuff is C++.

Could somebody verify this (i.e. "go and buy aCC") or give any
suggestions on what I'm doing wrong.

R(o)isto