Where in the world are Emacs users?

spamfilt...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2007, 1:28:16 AM10/25/07
I thought it would be interesting to see on a Google Map where in the
world are Emacs users are located.

If you want to put yourself on the map then you can do it here (red
Add Yourself button):

http://www.buddymapping.com/maps/emacs

If you want to tell what kind of Emacs you use then you can write it
in the comment field.

You can change your data later from the same computer where you added
yourself (red Edit button).

I 'm wondering which part of the world will have the highest density
of Emacs users. :)

Eric Hanchrow

Oct 25, 2007, 1:53:12 PM10/25/07
That data already exists (albeit in a different form) at
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EmacsUserLocations. Rather than
start a separate database, why not generate the Google Maps data from
this one?
--
Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but the thing dies in the
process and the innards are discouraging to any but the pure

spamfilt...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2007, 2:25:30 PM10/25/07
On Oct 25, 7:53 pm, Eric Hanchrow <off...@blarg.net> wrote:
> That data already exists (albeit in a different form) athttp://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EmacsUserLocations. Rather than

> start a separate database, why not generate the Google Maps data from
> this one?

It's much easier to add yourself to the map with this web interface
(as easy as pushing a button and filling some data), so I think it
appeals to more people than the one on emacs wiki.

spamfilt...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2007, 2:48:26 PM10/25/07
On Oct 25, 8:25 pm, "spamfilteracco...@gmail.com"

<spamfilteracco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's much easier to add yourself to the map with this web interface
> (as easy as pushing a button and filling some data), so I think it
> appeals to more people than the one on emacs wiki.

As I see there are 103 user location entries on Emacs Wiki in total.

On

http://www.buddymapping.com/maps/emacs

75 people registered in the first 12 hours and counting.

Adrian Aichner

Oct 25, 2007, 6:21:52 PM10/25/07
"spamfilt...@gmail.com" <spamfilt...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Oct 25, 8:25 pm, "spamfilteracco...@gmail.com"
> <spamfilteracco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It's much easier to add yourself to the map with this web interface
>> (as easy as pushing a button and filling some data), so I think it
>> appeals to more people than the one on emacs wiki.
>
> As I see there are 103 user location entries on Emacs Wiki in total.

Please use international country code abbreviations.

gm for Germany? Yuck!

> On
>
> http://www.buddymapping.com/maps/emacs
>
> 75 people registered in the first 12 hours and counting.

--
Adrian Aichner
mailto:adr...@xemacs.org
http://www.xemacs.org/

spamfilt...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2007, 12:55:05 AM10/26/07
On Oct 26, 12:21 am, "Adrian Aichner" <adr...@xemacs.org> wrote:

> "spamfilteracco...@gmail.com" <spamfilteracco...@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Oct 25, 8:25 pm, "spamfilteracco...@gmail.com"
> > <spamfilteracco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> It's much easier to add yourself to the map with this web interface
> >> (as easy as pushing a button and filling some data), so I think it
> >> appeals to more people than the one on emacs wiki.
>
> > As I see there are 103 user location entries on Emacs Wiki in total.
>
> Please use international country code abbreviations.
>
> gm for Germany? Yuck!

I've also found this strange, but there's nothing I can do about it.
You should contact the creators of www.buddymapping.com regarding this
problem. The user only selects the country and their engine assigns to
country code to it.

Adrian Aichner

Oct 27, 2007, 11:08:06 AM10/27/07
"spamfilt...@gmail.com" <spamfilt...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Oct 26, 12:21 am, "Adrian Aichner" <adr...@xemacs.org> wrote:
>> "spamfilteracco...@gmail.com" <spamfilteracco...@gmail.com> writes:

>> > As I see there are 103 user location entries on Emacs Wiki in total.
>>
>> Please use international country code abbreviations.
>>
>> gm for Germany? Yuck!
>
> I've also found this strange, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Yep, sorry, I thought this was your own site.

There seem to be 231 entries already, right?

Cool

kim...@163.com

Mar 22, 2014, 8:50:20 PM3/22/14
cannot visit from here..