Re: Local variables question

1 view

steve gonedes

Apr 25, 2021, 11:50:48 AM4/25/21
Andreas Davour <ant...@updateLIKE.uu.HELLse> writes:

> Hi
>
> I've recently gotten a lot of these messages:
>
> ----------8<----------8<------------
> local variables list in DNA.lisp
> contains values that may not be safe (*).
>
> Do you want to apply it? You can type
> y -- to apply the local variables list.
> n -- to ignore the local variables list.
> ! -- to apply the local variables list, and permanently mark these
> values (*) as safe (in the future, they will be set
> automatically.)
>
> * Syntax : ANSI-Common-Lisp
> * Base : 10
> ---------->8---------->8------------
>
> Some of the variables are really innocent ones and I haven't seen any
> message like this before.
>
> Was there a list of safe variables before or have the newest emacs
> started being paranoid? Is there a way of getting rid of this? It's
> quite annoying to have that show up every time I visit a new file.
>
> /andreas

The variables are <enable-local-eval> and <enable-local-eval>.

(setq enable-local-eval t
enable-local-variables :all)

You might want to add the following to your dot-emacs as well.

(put 'narrow-to-region 'disabled nil)
(put 'erase-buffer 'disabled nil)

Yeah, these suckers popped up again after v19.20 or something.