vm-yank-message broken in versions of emacs since Nov 2017

Robert Marshall

Jan 21, 2019, 7:00:03 AM1/21/19
vm-reply.el tries to use mail-yank-hooks which was removed in Nov 2017

> commit 72688426cef4e5128ce68f75cb8a3f31572daec0
> Author: Sam Steingold <s...@gnu.org>
> Date: Wed Nov 22 16:05:45 2017 -0500

> Remove *-yank-hooks aliases for -citation-hook, obsolete since 19.34.

I see the bzr repos of vm comments out this line (but still references
the variable in the doc string), with a similar change in vm.el

It would be nice to have a released version of vm that works with emacs 26!

I've also commented out those lines in my copy of 8.2.0-b.

Robert (who remembers emacs 19.34)
--
Robert Marshall twitter: @rajm