vm using shr as an html renderer

Robert Marshall

Aug 12, 2016, 4:00:15 PM8/12/16
Just to see what would happen, I amended vm-mime like this

diff vm-mime.el vm-mime.el~
2045,2055c2045,2052
< (cond
< ((locate-library "shr")
< 'emacs-shr)
< ((locate-library "w3m")
< 'emacs-w3m)
< ((locate-library "w3")
< 'w3)
< ((executable-find "w3m")
< 'w3m)
< ((executable-find "lynx")
< 'lynx)))
---
> (cond ((locate-library "w3m")
> 'emacs-w3m)
> ((locate-library "w3")
> 'w3)
> ((executable-find "w3m")
> 'w3m)
> ((executable-find "lynx")
> 'lynx)))
2730,2732c2727
< (defun vm-mime-display-internal-emacs-shr-text/html (start end layout)
< (shr-render-region start end)
< )
---

It's not perfect (well there's not very much there!) but the shr.el has
been around a few years and I though it would be interesting to see if
vm can use it..

I got a few of the following gripes when I tried it in the work emacs install
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 85461) signaled (invalid-regexp "Unmatched ( or \\(")
I've not seen that at home yet...maybe it was the email it was rendering!

Robert
--
Robert Marshall twitter: @rajm