how to display text/html body part on request?

juha.h...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2018, 10:42:43 AM10/28/18
Sometimes I receive "multipart/alternative" messages, where "text/plain" part is either empty or tells to read the message using an html capable mail reader. Here is an example of vm-list-mime-part-structure on such a message:

("multipart/alternative" "boundary=----=_Part_8316_1598440439.1540713452805")
("text/plain" "charset=UTF-8")
("text/html" "charset=UTF-8")

How can I in such a situation tell vm to display the "text/html" part? I don't want to see the "text/html" part automatically for every message, but only if I have to.

-- Juha

Mark Diekhans

Oct 28, 2018, 3:43:18 PM10/28/18
to juha.h...@gmail.com, viewma...@nongnu.org

Use `D' (vm-summary-mode-map) to cycle between mime display modes and then select [display] on the HTML part.

juha.h...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2018, 3:11:59 AM10/29/18
Mark,

Thanks for your fast reply. 'D' did it. It is amazing that Emacs is
still alive and well. I started to use it in the 70s on DECSYSTEM-20.

-- Juha