default-directory and symbolic links (Windows)

瀏覽次數:6 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Pascal Quesseveur

未讀,
2020年9月4日 凌晨4:36:412020/9/4
收件者:
Hello,

Under Windows I use a symbolic link to map a UNC path to a local path
(with mklink /D). When I open the file in Emacs (26.3, 64 bits) using
the link, the default directory is set to the real path (the UNC one)
not the link. Is there a mean to force the default directory to the
link ?

--
Pascal Quesseveur
pque...@gmail.com

Pascal Quesseveur

未讀,
2020年9月4日 清晨6:36:022020/9/4
收件者:
Ok, variable find-file-visit-truename allows to control the use of
the truename of the visited file. This variable is initialized to nil
but it is set to t in w32-fns:

;; Map all versions of a filename (8.3, longname, mixed case) to the
;; same buffer.
(setq find-file-visit-truename t)

When I set find-file-visit-truename to nil, default-directory is set
to the link name.

--
Pascal Quesseveur
pque...@gmail.com