Field index in csv-mode not shown in powerline

Loris Bennett

Nov 2, 2020, 7:17:20 AM11/2/20

Every once in a while I have to deal with a CSV file and up now was
very glad that in csv-mode the field index can be shown in the
mode-line.

However, I have recently tweaked my init.el quite a bit, in particular I
have added

(use-package powerline
:ensure t
:config
(powerline-center-theme))

Now the field index is not shown in the mode line. The CSV fields are
recognised, since the 'forward field' and 'back field' commands work.
With 'emacs -q' the field indices are displayed as expected.

Is this a known problem? If so, does anyone have a solution?

Cheers,

Loris