Wierd emacs error message

Davin Pearson

Jan 3, 2022, 7:38:10 PM1/3/22
sometimes when I issue the command grep it still works but
it comes back to me with this weird error message:

error in process sentinel: +: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil

I could just ignore this error message but I would like to squash this GNU Emacs bug.

Loris Bennett

Jan 19, 2022, 4:28:37 AM1/19/22
Hi Davin,
I'm not sure it is really a bug. I think that this can be caused by
some elisp files being newer than the corresponding complied files, say
after an update of some sort. If this is the case you might be able to
solve the problem by recompiling the relevant elisp files.

HTH

Loris