emacs won't open X window

Jay Dresser

Feb 13, 2022, 6:07:26 AM2/13/22
Emacs won't open window:
New install onto new machine, 27.2 from Arch repo.
GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.27, cairo version 1.17.4) of 2021-03-26
Other X window apps open windows.
Not running Wayland.
.emacs.d copied from old machine, which works fine.
-nw works ok, but with just -q or -Q it prints nothing on the CLI, no X window
C-c will exit back to shell.
I can find no command line flag to give verbose/debugging output to see what's going on.
Any ideas?

Fenris

Feb 13, 2022, 6:37:30 AM2/13/22
Just guessing, maybe something usefull in ~/.xsession-errors ?

Jay Dresser

Feb 13, 2022, 7:24:49 PM2/13/22
Good guess but that file doesn't exist.

Jay Dresser

Feb 14, 2022, 12:34:29 AM2/14/22
I am an idiot. I had herbstluft set to open emacs on frame 2. It was opening all along, I just failed to change to that frame to see it.