Script to pdf

Wu Ming

Jan 4, 2024, 5:56:36 PMJan 4
New to Emacs. This may be my introduction to it.

In non-interactive mode, via bash script, I would like to perform text
replacement in a Open Document text file and then save it as PDF. As
alternative save ODT as HTML first and then perform the other steps.

Is it possible?

I have a bash script completing the process with HTML as input. But how
LibreOffice handles the conversion from ODT is tricky. Sometimes adds
unnecessary tags. Also saving HTML to PDF requires some tuning because, as
far as I know, the format is not meant for paper publishing. Emacs may have
better options.

Thanks for sharing.

Sebastian Aviña (HechoEnMexico)

Feb 18, 2024, 12:26:13 AMFeb 18
You could bind C-x C-s to some pandoc script and store the file in any format you like.

there is already an org-mode => pdf conversion available

https://pandoc.org/