color-browser: Undefined Custom theme

Mike

Jul 12, 2020, 7:43:31 AM7/12/20
to help-gn...@gnu.org
Hi,

I'm new to emacs and took color-browser to generate a custom color
theme. The theme has been written to ...-theme.el which I copied to
~/.emacs.d/themes/. I added the line
(add-to-list 'custom-theme-load-path "~/.emacs.d/themes/")
to my .emacs.

Giving
M-x customize-themes
the new theme shows up in the menu. But klicking it I get
Undefined Custom theme ...

What am I missing?

Mike

steve

Jul 26, 2021, 9:29:49 PM7/26/21
Mike <mi...@posteo.nl> writes:

> I'm new to emacs and took color-browser to generate a custom color
> theme. The theme has been written to ...-theme.el which I copied to
> ~/.emacs.d/themes/. I added the line
> (add-to-list 'custom-theme-load-path "~/.emacs.d/themes/")
> to my .emacs.

I have never heard of `color-browser'. Using M-x list-colors-display RET
will list active colors.

The theme idea is very interesting to me. I wonder if syntax should be
parsed before "color handling". Such that a theme would define syntax
and the syntax parsed code could be handlec by the redisplay.

anywaz...

> Giving
> M-x customize-themes
> the new theme shows up in the menu. But klicking it I get
> Undefined Custom theme ...

This is the first time I have heard of themes for emacs. I'm getting
old.

> What am I missing?

just post the elisp code...