Upgrading from 23.3 to 24.5 on Windows

PawWriter

Jun 25, 2016, 10:00:01 AM6/25/16
Been running 23.3 for several years. I wanted to use package and the package I wanted said I had to upgrade to at least 24.3. The directory structure for 24.5 is entirely different from 23.3. What directories do I have to move from my 23.3 directory structure to the 24.5 directory structure to keep all my current packages?

Eli Zaretskii

Jun 25, 2016, 10:22:40 AM6/25/16
to help-gn...@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 06:59:58 -0700 (PDT)
> From: PawWriter <paww...@comcast.net>
>
> Been running 23.3 for several years. I wanted to use package and the package I wanted said I had to upgrade to at least 24.3. The directory structure for 24.5 is entirely different from 23.3. What directories do I have to move from my 23.3 directory structure to the 24.5 directory structure to keep all my current packages?

Move your site-lisp directory under share\emacs.

If that's not enough, then please tell where did you keep your files
with the previous versions of Emacs (I assume above you only kept them
in site-lisp).