Re: Get list address for Gmane group (was: Test email)

1 view

Dmitry Alexandrov

Jul 10, 2020, 12:26:56 AM7/10/20
to Rafi Khan, info-gnu...@gnu.org
Rafi Khan <ra...@rafikhan.io> wrote:
> Dmitry Alexandrov <d...@gnui.org> writes:
>> Posting in a normal way — by mailing to a list address (here: info-gnu...@gnu.org) via your mailserver (smtp.googlemail.com in your case) is generally more reliable.
>
> Is there a way for me to get the mailing list address for a gmane news group from inside gnus

Yes, but itʼs not implemented. So try that instead: navigate to some message, that was posted there and only there (no crossposts) and command A M (M-x gnus-mailing-list-insinuate) — Gnus will try to populate ‘list-to’ group parameter from ‘List-Post’ header.

> so I can compose directly that way?

If there is no ‘List-Post’ header, there is still nothing hard in guessing it from ‘To’ / ‘Cc’ headers, so:

(setq gnus-add-to-list t)

and copy-paste it for the first time manually [1].

[1] (info "(gnus) Group Parameters").
signature.asc