backfill of usenet postings

1 view

Andrzej Adam Filip

Nov 20, 2005, 3:07:31 PM11/20/05

How complicated would be making gnus fetchnig old posts via google?

Some post include references to old articles via news:message-id, once I
"received" usenet reply to 2 years old post :-)

--
[en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : an...@priv.onet.pl : an...@xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/ Netcraft Site Rank: 480317

Reiner Steib

Nov 20, 2005, 4:28:32 PM11/20/05

,----[ (info "(gnus)Finding the Parent") ]
| Here's an example setting that will first try the current method, and
| then ask Google if that fails:
|
| (setq gnus-refer-article-method
| '(current
| (nnweb "google" (nnweb-type google))))
`----

Unfortunately you need a Gnus version from CVS for this to work with
the new Google Groups. Both, the development version (No Gnus: trunk)
and stable branch (v5-10) support Google. The Gnus version included
in the upcoming Emacs 22 release will also include it.

Bye, Reiner.
--
,,,
(o o)