Forcing unchanged display of text/plain messages in other MUAs

In Cognito

Sep 15, 2021, 6:57:35 AM9/15/21
Other MUAs, most notably Outlook, have an annoying habit of
re-rendering my carefully formatted text/plain messages written
with Gnus/Message. For example, the might decide to reformat a
paragraph like this

----- snip -----
verbatim
text
example
----- snip -----

into

----- snip ----- verbatim text example ----- snip -----

What I really want is the equivalent of putting a <pre>...</pre>
around all my messages written with Gnus/Message, but without
using HTML mails.

My best bet so far is to indent my complete message by one blank
- such lines do not seem to be touched by Outlook. Yet.

Any other work-arounds or ideas available?

If it matters, I'm using rather old Gnus 5.13 in equally old
Emacs 23.4.1.

Thanks!

Winston

Sep 15, 2021, 11:49:51 AM9/15/21
In Cognito <in.cog...@gmail.com> writes:
> Other MUAs, most notably Outlook, have an annoying habit of
> re-rendering my carefully formatted text/plain messages written
> with Gnus/Message.
> What I really want is the equivalent of putting a <pre>...</pre>

I don't know if it'll work with Outlook, but try adding "format=fixed"
in the Content-Type header; e.g.,
-WBE