Group line information missing for one IMAP server

1 view

Loris Bennett

Feb 3, 2022, 8:05:31 AM2/3/22

I use Gnus to read mail via IMAP. I have

(setq gnus-group-line-format "%M%S%p%P%5y [%6R]:%B%(%g%)%O\n")

and so normally in the *Group* buffer I see something like

* 1 [ 2853]: nnimap+fu_exchange:Private/Family
* 2 [ 1475]: nnimap+fu_exchange:Private/Friends

However, today I just see

* [ *]: nnimap+fu_exchange:Private/Family
* [ *]: nnimap+fu_exchange:Private/Friends

However, if I visit the folders, I see the messages, and when I return
to the *Group* buffer I again see

* 1 [ 2853]: nnimap+fu_exchange:Private/Family
* 2 [ 1475]: nnimap+fu_exchange:Private/Friends

Only one mail account is affected - for the other the group line data is
unaffected. All mail accounts are accessed via IMAP. Newsgroups are
also unaffected.

Does any one have any idea what the IMAP server could be doing
differently? It's an Exchange server, if that's of any relevance.

Cheers,

Loris

Loris Bennett

Feb 3, 2022, 8:40:21 AM2/3/22
This seems to be a problem with Gnus. If I access the same account on
my phone (using K-9), the number of new messages for the folders are
shown correctly.

I should point out that I am aware that value shown for the total number
of message is probably wrong. I am really only interested in the number
of unread messages.