Set viewer for PDF attachments

Loris Bennett

May 6, 2022, 5:43:33 AM5/6/22

Recently (probably after updating to Emacs 27), when I hit return on an
attached PDF, Gnus has started to open GV as the external viewer, which
transports me back to the 1990s. Previously the PDF would be displayed
internally via pdf-tools.

How do I configure how the PDF should be displayed?

Cheers,

Loris

Thomas Dupond

Feb 9, 2023, 12:35:16 PM2/9/23
"Loris Bennett" <loris....@fu-berlin.de> a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Recently (probably after updating to Emacs 27), when I hit return on an
> attached PDF, Gnus has started to open GV as the external viewer, which
> transports me back to the 1990s. Previously the PDF would be displayed
> internally via pdf-tools.
>
> How do I configure how the PDF should be displayed?

I used ~/.mailcap to achieve the opposite of what you describe, see :
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/emacs-mime.html#mailcap

Maybe by setting mailcap-prefer-mailcap-viewers to nil you can achieve
using the Emacs viewer.

Regards,
--
Thomas Dupond