gnus-registry-marks; Any chance to search or filter for?

physiculus

Jun 24, 2020, 8:05:05 AM6/24/20
to gnus
i want to search or filter with the registry-marks i set. Is this
possible? I couldn't find a function for that in the gnus documentation.

Regards
Poul

Michael Heerdegen

Jul 10, 2020, 7:41:04 PM7/10/20
to physiculus, gnus
physiculus <physi...@gmail.com> writes:

> i want to search or filter with the registry-marks i set. Is this
> possible? I couldn't find a function for that in the gnus documentation.

I think you have to do it by hand. Something like this should give you
the registry-marked messages in the current group:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(delq nil
(mapcar
(lambda (id) (cdr (gnus-request-head id gnus-newsgroup-name)))
(cl-loop for key being the hash-keys of
(oref gnus-registry-db data)
using (hash-values v)
when (cdr (assoc 'mark v))
collect key)))
#+end_src

I'm using something like this in an :around advice of
`gnus-alter-articles-to-read-function' to automatically include all
registry marked messages in group summaries (similarly to ticked).

Michael.

physiculus

Jul 13, 2020, 1:52:43 PM7/13/20
to Michael Heerdegen, gnus
Michael Heerdegen <michael_...@web.de> writes:

Thanks for this information!
Thats sad...
So i understand it correct, that is not clear, if it will be work in the
near future ?
Is there any other solution to tag mails in gnus?
With this i will be able, to filter for these tags or search for.

But i only have little hope after reading your infos ...

Regards
Poul

> physiculus <physi...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>> thank you for this info. I thought, that no one on this list (full of
>> poeple with gnus knowledge) did try it or care about it.
>
> These registry marks were more or less broken until a year or so (they
> disappeared after restarting Emacs. That has been fixed after I had
> tried them and complained.
>
> So view people use it (nobody else complained for a long time), but now
> they at least work. Integration into the rest of Gnus is only
> rudimentary.
>
>> But unfortunately i do not understand what you mean, because i'm not a
>> developer and have very little knowledge about elisp.
>>
>> Could you please explain, what you mean with this code snippet?
>> I can't see a function to call or interactive run in minibuffer.
>
> No, sorry, that was just to give you a start for implementing a function
> or command yourself. The snipped shows how to extract a list of
> registry marked messages from the registry database. Not more.
>
> I guess I could implement what you want, but I'm short on time. BTW,
> what exactly do you mean by "filter" (maybe the "/" prefixed limiting
> commands?) and "search" (the search articles commands from the summary
> buffer, or something from the group buffer)?
>

> Regards,
>
> Michael.

Michael Heerdegen

Jul 14, 2020, 11:09:15 AM7/14/20
to info-gnu...@gnu.org
physiculus <physi...@gmail.com> writes:

> So i understand it correct, that is not clear, if it will be work in
> the near future ?

I suggest to make a bug report, please. It will definitely be cared
about, in some months or so at least.

Michael.

Eric Abrahamsen

Jul 14, 2020, 12:12:25 PM7/14/20
to info-gnu...@gnu.org
What I'm hoping is that nnselect will (at some point) go into master, at
which point I can put in the gnus-search library, and things like this
will become easier.