Changing placement of new frame

Loris Bennett

Aug 9, 2023, 7:53:53 AM8/9/23

This has bugged me for a while now (possibly years), but whenever I
create a new frame, the frame is created behind the active frame. As I
normally work with frames maximised to fill my screen, this is rather
annoying. This currently occurs with Emacs 28.2 running under Gnome 43
(Debian 12).

Does anyone know how the change the placement of a new frame to make it
appear as the frontmost frame?

Cheers,

Loris

--
This signature is currently under constuction.

Thomas Dupond

Aug 28, 2023, 3:12:05 AM8/28/23
Le 2023-08-09 à 13:53, Loris Bennett a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> This has bugged me for a while now (possibly years), but whenever I
> create a new frame, the frame is created behind the active frame. As I
> normally work with frames maximised to fill my screen, this is rather
> annoying. This currently occurs with Emacs 28.2 running under Gnome 43
> (Debian 12).
>
> Does anyone know how the change the placement of a new frame to make it
> appear as the frontmost frame?

Dear Bennett,

It sounds like this is something you have to set in Gnome 43 and not in
Gnus. Maybe you will find more help in their groups :)

Regards,
Thomas

Loris Bennett

Aug 28, 2023, 3:42:38 AM8/28/23
Dear Thomas,
You may well be right. However, I don't experience the problem with any
other program and I thought, Emacs being Emacs, there might be some
setting within Emacs to control where the frame appears.