Changing the name of .newsrc.eld?

Loris Bennett

Nov 7, 2022, 11:10:07 AM11/7/22

Is it possible to change the name of .newsrc.eld?

Cheers,

Loris

Thomas Dupond

May 30, 2023, 4:29:51 AM5/30/23
Le 2022-11-07 à 17:10, Loris Bennett a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to change the name of .newsrc.eld?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Loris

Sorry if this is way out of time, but you can do this by setting the
variable gnus-startup-file which I set to "~/.emacs.d/newsrc". Emacs
will then append the .eld to this file name.

Regards,
Thomas

Loris Bennett

May 30, 2023, 9:07:50 AM5/30/23
I can't quite remember in what context I wanted to do that, but I
currently have gnus-startup-file set to ""~/.emacs.d.work/.newsrc" so I
assume former me worked things out and this achieves what I wanted :-)

But thanks for the reply anyway!

Cheers,

Loris

--
This signature is currently under constuction.