Various "From addresses" - Show "To address" in sent mail archive

Andreas Gösele

Aug 29, 2020, 11:15:43 PM8/29/20

I'm moving to a setup where I use various "From" addresses and various
SMTP-servers depending on whether I send private or work related mail.

But in my sent mail archive I would like to see the "To" addresses
instead of the "From" address for all of my "From" addresses and also
for my previous "From" address.

So far only for the "From" address coinciding with the address I have
set as user-mail-address the "To" addresses are shown.

Any way to achieve this?

Thanks

Andreas

Gijs Hillenius

Aug 31, 2020, 2:30:02 AM8/31/20

> [...] in my sent mail archive I would like to see the "To" addresses
> instead of the "From" address for all of my "From" addresses and also
> for my previous "From" address.
>
> So far only for the "From" address coinciding with the address I have
> set as user-mail-address the "To" addresses are shown.
>
> Any way to achieve this?

I believe I fixed that 'here' by adding my own address to
gnus-ignored-from-addresses

(setq gnus-ignored-from-addresses
(regexp-opt
'("one@address"
"another@address")))

Andreas

Aug 31, 2020, 9:00:40 PM8/31/20
Thanks, this solved the problem also for me.