Forwarding a mail together with its attachment?

1 view

Loris Bennett

May 16, 2023, 6:02:05 AM5/16/23

Is there an easy way to forward an email *together with its attachment*?

Cheers,

Loris

--
This signature is currently under constuction.

Thomas Dupond

May 25, 2023, 5:30:38 AM5/25/23
Le 2023-05-16 à 11:59, Loris Bennett a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Is there an easy way to forward an email *together with its attachment*?

Well, gnus-summary-mail-forward bound to C-c C-f does forward with
attachments. Do you not observe this?

Regards,
--
Thomas

Loris Bennett

May 25, 2023, 8:09:30 AM5/25/23
Hi Thomas,
Yes, this works - somehow I overlooked it. I normally use 'followup',
'reply', 'wide reply' and such like. I guess I need to read up on what
exactly the difference is between these various options.

Thanks,

Loris

--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Herr/Mr)
ZEDAT, Freie Universität Berlin

Thomas Dupond

May 30, 2023, 7:57:11 AM5/30/23
Hello Loris,

Le 2023-05-25 à 14:09, Loris Bennett a écrit :
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thomas Dupond <tho...@dupond.eu> writes:
>
>> Le 2023-05-16 à 11:59, Loris Bennett a écrit :
>>> Hi, Is there an easy way to forward an email *together with its
>>> attachment*?
>>
>> Well, gnus-summary-mail-forward bound to C-c C-f does forward with
>> attachments. Do you not observe this?
>
> Yes, this works - somehow I overlooked it.

Have you disabled the tool bar? I find it useful in gnus especially for
attaching files since I never remember the key chord for that.

--
Regards,
Thomas

Loris Bennett

May 30, 2023, 9:09:08 AM5/30/23
Thomas Dupond <tho...@dupond.eu> writes:

> Hello Loris,
>
> Le 2023-05-25 à 14:09, Loris Bennett a écrit :
>> Hi Thomas,
>> Thomas Dupond <tho...@dupond.eu> writes:

>>> Well, gnus-summary-mail-forward bound to C-c C-f does forward with
>>> attachments. Do you not observe this?
>> Yes, this works - somehow I overlooked it.
>
> Have you disabled the tool bar? I find it useful in gnus especially
> for attaching files since I never remember the key chord for that.

No, unfortunately I haven't even got the excuse of having disabled the
tool bar.

I'm not sure what the problem was - it seems pretty obvious in
retrospect.

Cheers,

Loris