Cfengive v2 custome timestamp

Guillem Liarte

Oct 3, 2013, 5:00:13 AM10/3/13
Hello,

When I have an stanza such as this:

copy:
/path/to/filename
dest=/path/to/dest/filename
owner=me
group=mygroup
mode=644
backup=timestamp

I get that the file is backed up as:

filename_1380788884_Thu_Oct__3_10_28_04_2013_.cfsaved (wat?)

I have been looking for days for a way to change these timestamps to something like:

filename_042810_03102013

Or any other thing that is not splitting the date and placing the time in the middle.

Does anybody know how to achieve this? In Puppet for example I created a fact that would give me the exact time stamp and I could append it to the backup string.

I cannot use anything else than CFEngine v2, I cannot upgrade to v3, but custom scripts and functions are welcome.

I could assign a variable with the timestamps that I can obtain from the system by ruining a command, but how do I get CFEngine to backup using that custom timestamps instead of the ugly one that comes out of the box?

Many thanks in advance.