cfagent under cygwin only runs from bash, not cfexecd, cfrun

james....@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2008, 5:45:31 PM12/19/08
I'm trying to get cfengine running on windows. It seems that whenever
I run 'cfagent -vKq' from bash it runs and all the rules are parsed
and executed; However, when I run it from cfexecd (running as a
daemon) It never seems to do any work. (The only things I have it
doing is running one cfengine module (written in activestate perl) and
then touching a file.

From the command line it's fine, but scheduled runs from 'cfexecd -g'
running as a windows service, and remote calls of cfrun from the
policyhost 'cfrun -v -- -vKq' show a strong connection, but no output
from cfagent. So it would seem that when run out of bash, cfagent
behaves normally, but when spawed from cfexecd or cfservd, it doesn't
do work.

running '/usr/sbin/cfexecd -F' from the command line runs cfagent such
that work is done.

I'm thinking it must be environment related, but I can't determine
where to look.

Any Ideas would be welcome...