unable to generate key (libcrypto.so.2)

Jan 16, 2009, 6:47:34 PM1/16/09
I have inherited a cfengone deployment that to this day has worked
just fine. The problem I see is with a newly installed RHEL5 system
and not being able to generate a key.

These are details:

OS: RHEL5.2 x86_64
CFAGENT = 2.0.4
OPENSSL = 0.9.8b 04 May 2006

The OS is newly installed. I've added the host to the proper class.
This is the error I get:

# /depot/Linux/2.4/sbin/cfkey
/depot/Linux/2.4/sbin/cfkey: error while loading shared libraries:
libcrypto.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

So I do a symlink:

ln -s /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8b /lib/libcrypto.so.2

# /depot/Linux/2.4/sbin/cfkey
/depot/Linux/2.4/sbin/cfkey: symbol lookup error: /depot/Linux/2.4/
sbin/cfkey: undefined symbol: OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms

Can anyone point out how to get around this issue?

Thanks,
Mohsin